Monday, July 2, 2012

Reaching Bhubaneshwar

After getting on train, travelling via Khurda road I finally reached the "The City of Temples" on 9 PM.I had already book my room @Hotel Gouri near Kedar Gouri Mandir on Peepli Road,which was a bit far away from Rly Station. But comfortable economic hotel.Attached to my hotel was a restaraunt which had only Odissi food.Even though the variety was not much the taste was excellent.

One thing that was evident was the.number of temples it had and the way people connected each temple as a relative of the other temples.

My official work started on disastrous note, with the UGC university showing no interest to the facilities provided by spending crores of rupees. However I also met some terrific scientific minds @RRL, RMRC, OUAT (with some maskafying). But CIFA was one of the best I visited.

After a hectic week, I was not knowing what to do for weekend so I was roaming near the Rasagolla Mela eating delicious rasagollas, the thought of visiting some tourist places occurred, but my pocket was not fat enough to hire a taxi. So as started finding on Net as to the tourist places at that point I came across a Orissa Tourism. it was
an offer of visit to Peepli "The Handicraft Village", The Sun Temple @Konark, Konark Beach, Poori Jagannath Temple, Poori Beach. All of this for only Rs. 300 that too in OTDC Volvo bus with guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment