Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Travel Experience to Orissa

It has been a long time since I have posted.I will start with my first visit to Orissa.
As usual this was an official visit but one I was looking fwd to.....

I booked my train ticket via Puri Garibrath Express 3AC. It was quite a comfortable trip starting at 11.30 night.I liked the travel from Vijayawada to Vizag due to Krishna Canal.the view was excellent.My 1st stop was Bramhapur(Berhampore), which arrived at an odd time I.e. 3AM. This was a small town and had to ask rickshaw puller to drop me to hotel kamakshi. But he did not know where was the hotel so after roaming in rickshaw for half an hour, I found out that the hotel was just next to railway station.

Well after a short nap at hotel,i had to be at Berhampore University by 11.I came out to find that the town is pretty much a village with almost negligible basic amneties.However it refreshed my memory of our grandfather's village we were visiting when we were small.By 10.30 I was near the university which is welcomed by an small airstrip probably used for basic training for pilots.I would not like to tel the status as its quite insignificant with just a liability if anything.

After coming back was the real joy of going around city by walk which was pleasant, and by 6 PM I was catching a train to Bhubaneshwar and reached by 9.30 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment